Ragging Free Campus
- The main objective of this cell is to create awareness among the students on the importance of "Ragging free Campus"
- To prohibit any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm.
- To act on the defaulters who are found guilty of ragging and /or abetting ragging, actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging.
Anti Ragging Mechanism
- Wide dissemination of anti-ragging policy and warning through admission advertisements, prospectus, and other information booklets.
- Introducing anti-ragging policy and warning to the seniors through holistic education classes.
- Regular interaction and counseling with the students to detect early signs of ragging and identify trouble-triggers.
- Surprise inspection at hostels, student's accommodation, canteens, rest-cum-recreation rooms, toilets, etc. for preventing/quelling ragging and any uncalled-for behavior/incident.
- Installation of CCTV cameras at vital points.
- Offering orientation, mentoring, and professional counseling to freshers to prepare them for the socio-academic life ahead.
- Updated information on the college website with the complete address and contact details of nodal officers related to the anti-ragging committee.
- Creating awareness among the students about the functioning of the National Anti-Ragging Helpline having phone number 1800-180-5522 (24x7 Toll Free)
||Dr.C. Mathalai Sundaram
||Mr. N. Mathavan
||Member / Convener
||Mr. M. Kannan
||Mr. A. Kadar Shareef
||Mr. P. Mahendran
||Ms. V. Dharshanpriya
||Mr. M. Arunprakash
||Mrs. K. Malar
||AP / EEE
||Deputy Warden Member
||Mrs. K. Deepa
||Placement Co-ordinator & Student Counselor
Procedure for Lodging Complaint
Students are encouraged to express their grievances in writing or via email to the respective committee coordinator without hesitation.
The Grievance Cell will take action on cases that have been submitted along with the required documents.
The Grievance Cell will ensure that the grievance is appropriately resolved within the specified time frame set by the cell.
Instructions to Students
- Do not comply with any demands that make you feel uncomfortable or unsafe. Ragging is a form of abuse, and you have the right to say no.
- Try to stay calm and do not react emotionally. Reacting emotionally may only make the situation worse.
- If you feel safe, try to talk to your senior(s) and explain how their behavior is making you feel. Sometimes, seniors may not realize that they are ragging you or that their behavior is causing you harm.
- If you do not feel safe, or if talking to your senior(s) does not help, report the incident to the Anti-Ragging Committee (ARC). The ARC is there to protect students from ragging and to take action against those who are responsible.
File a Complaint