ABOUT THE CELL
Minutes of Meeting
- To counsel and guide SC/ST students and help them manage academic and personal issues of college life effectively.
- To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To provide prompt counseling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the campus.
- To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any.
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India.
- To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the career growth.
- To aware the SC/ST students regarding various scholarship programs of State Govt. and UGC.
- To take such follow-up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India and the UGC.
SC/ST Cell Committee Members
||Dr. Mathalai Sundaram C
||Dr. Sivakandhan C
||Mr. Mathalai Raj J
||Mr. Mathavan N
||Mrs. Sowmiya B
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Dissemination of Information: The cell can ensure that relevant information related to scholarships, welfare schemes, and reserved seats for SC/ST students is readily available on the college website. This includes details on how to apply for these benefits.
- Counseling and Support: The cell should provide information about the support and counseling services available to SC/ST students. This can include guidance on academic matters, career options, and personal counseling services.
- Monitoring Admissions: The cell should monitor the admission process to ensure that the reservation quotas for SC/ST candidates are correctly implemented. This information can be made available on the website for transparency.
- Organizing Workshops and Seminars: The cell can arrange workshops, seminars, and awareness programs for SC/ST students. Information about such events should be posted on the website.
- Representation and Advocacy: The cell can act as an advocate for SC/ST students and represent their interests in discussions with the college administration. Information about any developments or initiatives in this regard can be shared on the website.
- Scholarship Information: The cell should provide details about various scholarships available to SC/ST students, eligibility criteria, application deadlines, and the application process. Forms and guidelines can also be made available for download on the website.
- Document Verification: The cell can assist students with document verification, especially for scholarship applications, and this information should be accessible on the website.
- Reporting Discrimination: The cell should provide a mechanism for reporting any incidents of discrimination, harassment, or unfair treatment faced by SC/ST students. The process for reporting and seeking redressal should be clearly outlined on the website.
- Collaboration with Government Agencies: The cell can collaborate with government agencies and NGOs to bring additional resources and opportunities to SC/ST students. Information about these collaborations can be shared on the website.
- Feedback and Suggestions: The cell should encourage SC/ST students to provide feedback and suggestions to improve their experience at the college. A dedicated section on the website can be used for this purpose.
- Promoting Cultural and Social Inclusivity: The cell can organize cultural and social events that celebrate the diversity of the college community. Information about these events can be posted on the website.
- Regular Updates: The cell should ensure that the information on the website is regularly updated to provide the latest news, resources, and opportunities for SC/ST students.